Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Aaaand I'm back.


So I haven’t written in a while but for good reasons.

1. At no point did I ever want to make blogging a weekly (or even a monthly) obligation. So I’ll write when I damn well have the time!

2. I haven’t had time…first it was Super Bowl, and then I was working on a project that was taking up all my free time, and then Bird was sick, and then I was sick, and now Bird is sick again.


Bird was so sweet to me while I was sick last week. I’m very lucky to have such an independent 5 year old, I can lay around on the couch when I feel like crap and she will either sit on the opposite couch and watch a movie while I rest or head up into her room to play dress up or have a tea party. So I was laying around in agony on the couch and she got up and walked out of the room and I could hear her getting into the fridge…I just assumed she was grabbing herself an apple or something to snack on (yes, I let her do this sort of thing). A few moments later I open my eyes and she is standing by me with a bowl of cut up strawberries. She said that the vitamins would help me feel better….awwwwww!


 She anticipated my next question and announced “I used a butter knife so I wouldn’t cut myself….see? No cuts!”

What a freaking sweetheart! The next morning I woke up to her brining in some more cut up fruit and some toast with butter for me to have breakfast in bed. What the crap?! She said “you brought me breakfast in bed when I was sick so now I want to do that for you.” * Heart melting*
OH! And my Facebook is officially deleted as of the 14th. I’m amazed that it only took two weeks for me to get used to living without something that I used every day for years. *self high five*
Anyways here’s some other crap…

Shopping at Whole Foods (before all the sickness….I think we were shopping for the Super Bowl)
 We made some awesome orange scones
 And we made some Potato Kale soup (we've been trying a lot of new recipes lately)
 Kid approved!

 Birdie’s dance class had a Valentine’s Day party. She’s the little girl in the middle dressed in the black leotard and red mask, striking a pose!

I had to go pick up Bird from school early on last Friday around noon because she was running a fever; she basically laid in my lap the rest of the day while I worked.
 Still sick the next day…poor baby Bird.
 
On Monday she seemed to be feeling better so we went on a Mommy/Daughter date to the Dinosaur Museum and out to lunch (we love Groupon).
 HAHA! There’s my kiddo.
Digging for dinos.
 Holy crap!! That thing was huge!!
                                                                   I love this one.
Creepy….
Baby dino
 GIGANTIC turtle. (look at her face. ha!)
                                                                             EEP!!!
 Finding dino bones.
Lunch time! It was about now that I think she and I both realized that she might still be sick. She ate like 3 bites and just seemed a little “off”.

We loaded her up with some cold medicine the next day and sent her to school…looking pretty fly.
 Don’t pretend like these shoes aren't totally awesome.
 That night (yesterday) when I picked her up she still had a fever so I took her to the doctor. Four days of a fever seems a little too long to me, and she was complaining about her throat hurting. Ya, she has strep…wups. So we are home today watching movies and relaxing.
 
That’s all. 

3 comments:

  1. Aaaahhhhh you and Bird have the ideal relationship. It's so fun to see you guys have such a great time together. Don't ever let her grow away from you! Happy for you gals <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading up on your guys' time together! You are the type of mom that inspires me, and as this shows through your daughter. You have one very sweet child. It stinks that you were both sick. :P I've luckily not gotten sick all year! I hope that continues. Anyway, sounds like you are doing well!!
    God bless. :)

    ReplyDelete