Friday, February 1, 2013

A Busy Week: 1/27-2/1

Well lets get right into it!

This week Birdie tried her hand at some recycled fun!

Painting

The finished project!

Ah, the prefect night light.

Building some robots!

Pretty cute.


Birdie started back up with her dance lessons this week. She was very excited to be back with her friends getting her groove on, but man does it put a cramp in our Monday nights. We run a pretty tight schedule during the week. I get home around 6:30 and then Bird gets dropped off around 6:45/7 o'clock, she then does homework while I make dinner. We eat around 7:15-7:30 and then there is time for a bath until around 8 and then we read stories and sing songs and its lights out around 8:30 or 9. So ya, now Monday goes something like this: I get home, Bird gets home, we stuff our faces with something easy and quick and we run out the door by 7:10/7:15....we barely make it on time into the dance studio by 7:30 and then I go and sit in my car and read until 8:30 when I go and get her from class. We get home around 8:45 and then we hurry and do homework and we have no time for a bath or any stories at bed time but somehow still Birdie doesn't go to bed until around 9:15/9:30, so shes not falling asleep until closer to 10...ugh. Then I collapse, exhausted, as soon as she falls asleep. Waking her up Tuesday mornings is also a challenge now because of the late bedtime. But she loves it and its fun for her so....yup. This mamma is just going to have to be flexible.

Oh, I found a screaming deal on an outfit for Bird from Amazon! I LOVE shopping for her clothes on Amazon. I find the cutest stuff and super cheap. Her outfit was originally $80, a shirt, some skinny jeans, and a military style jacket, and all of it is from Calvin Klein...I got it for $40 bucks. I would have spent $40 for the jacket alone without blinking an eye, its so adorable.

Wearing my glasses like a total goof.

Thats a little better picture of the jacket (sorry for the weird flash...yeesh)

Worth every dollar. 

We also got adventurous and tried a new brussel sprout recipe! It was so delicious we ate all of them in one sitting (about 15 spouts each...ya, it was that good).

Instead of boiling them or steaming them the way I normally would we baked them in the oven with olive oil, parmesan cheese, and some garlic. They were unbelievably good and crispy.


And finally I finished 2 more books this week and started some new books. I'm feeling like I'm on track with meeting my 100 books for the year goal.

Books I finished this week:



It was alright. If you like art history and such you may dig on this book more than most. But even for me, who loves art and art history, I got bored. I really liked Shop Girl by Steve Martin so I went into this book expecting something closer to his last book...that may have been the bigger issue with me and this book.

This book is crap. I mean, it has some okay advice...ya know, if you know NOTHING about budgeting your money. I think I just got tired of rolling my eyes at the author pretending that at any point I was buying Jimmy Choo shoes regularly so now "cutting back" would mean instead of buying every $1300 pair of shoes I see I should wait until they go on sale and be selective about what I buy. Good advice but I'll apply it to when things go on sale at Target and Forever 21, so basically I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. She does talk about Target for like half a paragraph. But other than that it felt like this book was written for someone in a much higher tax bracket than me who is finding themselves having to "cut back" for the first time EVER! I had heard good things about this book and I had really high hopes I would find some mind blowing money saving tricks. Not so much.

Books I started reading this week:

Its starting pretty good...I'll let you know....


I read a review about this on Pinterest. Its supposed to be good


Also a recommendation from Pinterest, its supposed to be a tearjerker, if it makes ME cry that will really be saying something. I'm not much of a "crier."  

Well that's all for this week, I'll try to update again next Friday. 

1 comment:

  1. I miss you girls! Sounds like you have a pretty awesome little routine going. I should start one of those.....

    And holy crap! I've never even thought about buying Owen's clothes on Amazon! Here I go....

    ReplyDelete